Sun-screen, Block-out & Light filtering Roller Blind cleaning
- Remove dust from roller blinds with vacuum cleaner or compressed air.
- Clean roller blinds with a sponge or soft brush dipped in soapy water, then rinse with clean water, and leave blind down until completely dry.
- Do not scrub, use solvents or any abrasive substance that might damage the coating of the fabric on blinds.
Aluminium Venetian Blind cleaning
- Clean aluminium Venetian window blinds by closing slats and using a feather duster, soft brush or cloth.
- For aluminium blind stains, clean with a damp cloth, or gently spray-clean and allow to dry thoroughly.
- Professional cleaning services can be employed using ultrasonic technology.
Wooden Venetian Blind cleaning
- Remove dust from wooden Venetian blinds with vacuum cleaner or compressed air.
- Clean wooden Venetian blinds with a damp cloth.
- Do not scrub, or use solvents or any abrasive substance to avoid damaging slat coating.
PVC Venetian Blind cleaning
- Remove dust from PVC venetian blinds with vacuum cleaner or compressed air.
- Clean PVC venetian blinds with a damp cloth.
- Do not scrub, use solvents or any abrasive substance, to avoid damaging slat coating.
Thermacell Blind cleaning
- Dusting: Regularly dust the shade with a duster. In most situations this is the only cleaning method needed.
- Vacuuming: Use a hand-held vacuum to remove dust. Use a low suction setting and a long bristled attachment.
- Spot Cleaning: Dampen a clean cloth with warm water and mild detergent solution, then dab the spot until it is gone. Be careful not to rub. Allow the fabric to dry in the completely lowered position.
- Ultrasonic Cleaning: Your shades can be professionally cleaned ultrasonically. Specify that a mild solution must be used and the head rail should never be immersed in it. Re-install the shade and allow the fabric to dry in its completely lowered position.
Of course, like most things, blinds do wear out. If your tired-looking blinds are dragging the room down, there are renovations happening or you simply just want a change, talk to a Harrisons expert consultant
for the best advice and service. By coming to your home with samples and advice, our consultants make the buying process easy, at a price to fit your budget and taste. Find your nearest one now.