Sun-screen, Block-out & Light filtering Roller Blind cleaning
- Remove dust from roller blinds with a vacuum cleaner or compressed air.
- Clean roller blinds with a sponge or soft brush dipped in soapy water, then rinse with clean water, and leave the blind down until completely dry.
- Do not scrub; use solvents or any abrasive substance that might damage the coating of the fabric on blinds.
Aluminium Venetian Blind cleaning
- Clean aluminium Venetian window blinds by closing slats and using a feather duster, soft brush or cloth.
- For aluminium blind stains, clean with a damp cloth, or gently spray-clean and allow to dry thoroughly.
- Professional cleaning services can be employed using ultrasonic technology.
Wooden Venetian Blind cleaning
- Remove dust from wooden Venetian blinds with a vacuum cleaner or compressed air.
- Clean wooden Venetian blinds with a damp cloth.
- Do not scrub or use solvents or any abrasive substance to avoid damaging slat coating.
PVC Venetian Blind cleaning
- Remove dust from PVC venetian blinds with a vacuum cleaner or compressed air.
- Clean PVC venetian blinds with a damp cloth.
- Do not scrub; use solvents or any abrasive substance to avoid damaging slat coating.
Thermacell Blind cleaning
- Dusting: Regularly dust the shade with a duster. In most situations, this is the only cleaning method needed.
- Vacuuming: Use a hand-held vacuum to remove dust. Use a low suction setting and a long bristled attachment.
- Spot Cleaning: Dampen a clean cloth with warm water and mild detergent solution, then dab the spot until it is gone. Be careful not to rub. Allow the fabric to dry in a completely lowered position.
- Ultrasonic Cleaning: Your shades can be professionally cleaned ultrasonically. Specify that a mild solution must be used, and the head rail should never be immersed in it. Re-install the shade and allow the fabric to dry in its completely lowered position.
Of course, like most things, blinds do wear out. If your tired-looking blinds are dragging the room down, there are renovations happening, or you simply want a change, talk to a Harrisons expert consultant for the best advice and service. By coming to your home with samples and advice, our consultants make the buying process easy at a price to fit your budget and taste. Find your nearest one now.