Key things to remember when buying new window treatments
- If you are looking at curtains for your living, dining and bedrooms, it's essential to consider the lining. The triple weave is mildew resistant and provides up to 70% light block out, while the thermal 3 passes coated blocking offers the same insulation properties but is 100% light block out 'perfect for those who don't work a typical 9-5 pm job.
- Check for gaps around the window frames and openings. Stopping those pesky drafts, no matter how small, can add up.
- With blinds and curtains, length and width are key, so custom designs are often the best choice.
- If you're after blinds, then the honeycomb option ticks all the boxes with thermal insulation, featuring a pleated air pocket design similar to double glazing.
- For high moisture areas such as bathrooms and laundry, PVC Venetians or roller blinds are the ideal choices due to their resilience against water & steam. Mildew that may form on the product over time can be easily cleaned off.